Here are a few tips and tricks to make sure you get the best burn and smell every time you light one of our wood wick candles:
- First light: when lighting the candle for the first time, hold the flame to the wick for several seconds and ensure the width of the wick is lit. Ensure you burn the candle for at least 1 hour to ensure the wax reaches the edge of the glass.
- Trim the wick to 1/4" before each use and break off any charred pieces to allow for a strong burn.
- We recommend burning your candle for at least 1-2 hours every use, its a marathon not a sprint! Doing so allows the wax to melt evenly to the edge of the jar - any shorter and you risk "candle tunneling".
- Failure to follow instructions could result in fire hazard, injury or smoke damage. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Always exercise caution when burning candles: burn on a stable heat resistant surface, keep out of reach of children and pets, and burn your candle away from drafts. Do not burn candles for longer than 3 hours at a time. Allow the candle to cool completely before handling.
- Our candles are made from 100% coconut soy wax. Coconut/soy wax burns slower and cleaner than other waxes. This means you get to enjoy more continued use out of our candles without risk to indoor air quality.
- Discontinue use when only 1/2" of wax left in the bottom.